Tag: Dallas’ First Historical Marker

KARL HOBLITZELLE Placed First Historical Marker

2 April 2018

ONE OF DALLAS’S earliest historical markers was placed in 1936 at the location of the city’s first building devoted exclusively to the theater— the original Dallas Opera House that stood for eighteen years after its erection in 1883 on the southwest corner of Commerce and Austin. The opera house was completely destroyed in the middle […]