In 1955 Dr. Terrill Marshall Trimble Jr. moved from Ft. Worth to Wylie to take over an existing practice at the Wylie Clinic. Thirty years later he would be joined in this practice by his son, Ted Dawson Trimble.
The young Wylie doctor was born at Ft. Worth, Texas back in 1928 to T.M. Sr. and Elizabeth Trimble. Doc, as he was known to his many friends around Wylie, was raised in Ft. Worth and Austin. He received his pre-med training at the University of Texas at Austin, During World War Il, he served 19 months as a Navy Hospital Corpsman. Two weeks after his discharge, he began at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Also going there was his soon to be roommate, C.D. Hille. Dr. Trimble would later complete his residency at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth.
For the first eight years in Wylie, Dr. T. practiced by himself. Then later in 1963 he added a hospital to his clinic. One year later in 1964 he received help in practice from his old roommate, Dr. C.D. Hille. In 1981 he sold the hospital to American Health Care Management.
Heading the office staff was Dr. T.’s wife, the former Judy Lindenmayer, who is a registered nurse. She met Doc while she worked at Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston and he was going to Baylor College of Medicine. They were married in 1950 at Houston. To them six children were born who are:
Photo: Terry Marshall, Charles “Chuck,” Ted Dawson (first child of the family to be born in Wylie), Kerry Anne, Samora ruth and John Paul Trimble.
Courtesy Beb Fulkerson for Wylie Area Heritage, 1990.