CONGRESSMAN RALPH M. HALL

17 February 2018 17:48 น. General Assorted History, Rockwall ,
Ralph Hall, one of three children of Hugh Olin Hall, Sr. and Maude Ball, was born at Fate, Texas on May 3, 1923. After graduating from Rockwall High School, he attended the University of Texas and received his L. L. B. from Southern Methodist University in 1951.
 

Ralph Hall in Navy Uniform, about 1943He joined the U. S. Navy on December 10, 1942, as a naval Air Cadet.  He won his flight wings and served as an aircraft carrier pilot during World War II in the Pacific Theater of Operations.

 
In 1951 he was admitted to the Texas Bar and has practiced law in Rockwall County since that time (1984 article). From 1950 through 1962 Ralph served as Rockwall County Judge. He served in the Texas State Senate from 1962 to 1972. In 1968-69 he served as president of the State Judges and Commissioners Association (Texas).
 
He served in the Texas State Senate from 1962 to 1972. In 1968-69 he served as President pro Tempore of the Senate which is the Number 3 official in state government, 2nd only to the governor and Lt. governor. He was Governor of the State of Texas for a day on June 3, 1968.
 
As a State Senator he was the sponsor of many important bills, one of which was the bill that created the University of Texas at Dallas.
 
In 1944, he married Mary Ellen Murphy of Kaufman County, Texas. They have three sons, Hampton, Brett and Blakeley. Brett and Blakeley are both lawyers an his grandson, Hampton, is editor and publisher of the Lakeside News and the Royse City American.
 
Ralph M. Hall was elected to the Congress of the United States from the 4th District of Texas in 1980. This is a District represented for at least 75 years by only three men: Sam Rayburn Ray Roberts and Ralph M. Hall.
 
In congress Ralph served on the Energy and Commerce Committee and the Science and Technology Committee. Ralph Moody Hall is the only Rockwall County resident to be elected to the U. S. Congress.
 
Courtesy Rockwall County History by Rockwall Count Historical Foundation.